Share this:

My son was diagnosed with ASD and I'm looking for any type [...]

Posted by @mylittlesunshine in Autism Spectrum Disorders, Dec 9, 2014

My son was diagnosed with ASD and I'm looking for any type of resource to help with anger management skills. We don't have much coverage available through our insurance for ABA therapy or other related therapies.


Posted by @ArnoldPalmerMod, Dec 12, 2014

Hi @mylittlesunshine - Thank you for joining our Autism Spectrum Disorders Group! We reached out to our team at The Howard Phillips Center for Children & Families, and here is what Shirliene, one of our Family Resource Specialists and mom to a child who was also diagnosed with autism, suggested:

"Is the child verbal? Mom can try kinder konsulting. They have counseling for special needs kids if something is going on that mom might not be aware of. They also offer ABA Therapy if the anger is behavioral. They have a sliding scale or can help with finding other funding possibilities."

Kinder Konsulting Winter Park
2479 Aloma Ave • Winter Park, FL • 32792

Telephone: 407-657-6692
Fax: 407-894-6010

We hope this helps!

mylittlesunshine likes this

Posted by @mylittlesunshine, Dec 12, 2014

Thanks so much for this info. I'll take a look into this.


Posted by @jacky2007, Dec 14, 2014

Hi I have a son with ASD I found UCF CARD very useful to guide parents through Behavior concerns and proving information of providers for Therapist and training behavior for parents

Please login or become a member to post a comment.